Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nott Memorial




This is the Nott Memorial which sits on campus of Union College in Schenectady, NY which was founded in 1795. I am told the building is the only 16 sided structure in the Western hemisphere and stands as a memorial to Eliphalet Nott who was the college president from 1804 to 1866. I'm also told it was shown in the movie "Love Story" which I saw eons ago so I can't comment on that one until I see it again.
The 3rd photo is of some totally cool window treatments inside the building. They were sections of stretched canvas...very simple but creative and effective. The bottom photo is of one of the many panels of stained glass windows throughout the building.
In the dome there appear to be colored glass pieces that allow sunlight to shine through and create an effect of stars or something shining through. It's really cool...but my attempts to capture it didn't come out so well so you'll have to go see it for yourself :o)

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts...isn't it fun to share :o)